COVID-19 Series: Mental Health & Wellness
We talked with counselors and school leaders who shared resources for coping during a time of anxiety & uncertainty.
- DeWayne Hampton, Assistant Principal, McAlester High School
- Joe Hughes, Assistant Principal, Harding Charter Prep
- Tiffany Briggs, High School Counselor, Harding Charter Prep
- Trina House, Licensed Professional Counselor
- DeShaun Thornton, Licensed Professional Counselor
- National Crisis 24-Hour Hotline: Text "home" to 741-741
- Pivot is a non-profit in OKC that provides counseling and behavioral support
- verywellmind.com: They have a stress management tool focused on the pandemic
- Beth Whittle at the State Department of Education sends out newsletters with resources that schools can post. Sign up here.
- Beth also compiled a list of mental health resources for students and families. Download here.